Monday, October 16, 2006

Japan

Ok. Here is the post that I promised a long time ago, but never did. I few weeks back I went to Japan to get my VISA. The trip started out shitty because I had a cold. So, during the flight, my ears would not depressurize because of my cold. Let's just say that that is one of the most painful experiences of my life. Pain. The stewardess gave me some candy to help with the problem, but all it gave me was fresh breath. Did I mentioned the immense fuckin pain! So, I land in Osaka, and wander around for a few hours because I was looking for a particular hotel. A Capsule Inn. When I got there, it was pretty cool. You might ask, "Why a Capsule Inn?" Well, how many times could you say that you've been in a Capsule Inn? Ha!

DSC00323

DSC00326

DSC00322

The "room" might be small, but it is actually really comfortable in there. Inside the capsule there even was a TV and a Radio. Fancy! All for about $20.

What can I say about Japan?

It fuckin rocks! There is a very noticable difference between the Japanese and the Koreans. The Japanese really have taken the Western influence and have made it there own. It seemed like a mixture of...Western-Asian-Punk...yeah. Oh, people rode bikes everywhere! I have never seen so many bikes in my life.

DSC00344

Sorry, it's a bad picture, but hopefully you get what I mean.

Here are some other photos:

DSC00342

DSC00347

DSC00340

DSC00339

DSC00335

DSC00345

The reason why I posted the McDonalds pic is to ask the question: Why are there rabbits hopping towards the sandwich? Is there something that Japan and McDonalds is not telling us? Hmm? Hmmm? Hmmmm?

DSC00343

It's Denny's. Enough Said!

Oh, by the way, while in Japan, I figured that I might as well have some sushi while IN JAPAN. I went to a really cool restaurant and had some Tuna Maki and an Asahi beer. Mmm...beer.

DSC00349

DSC00350

This was my sushi chef. We chatted for awhile about the US and Japan. When I left, he gave me MORE sushi as a gift for my first time in Japan! Sweet!

DSC00348

That was my trip to Japan.

2 Comments:

Blogger Shells Bells said...

I'm so jealous that you got to sleep in a capsule!!! Those hotels look so neat!

3:00 PM  
Blogger RLB said...

Nice sushi!

1:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home